Take Advantage of Influencer Marketing
“Influencer marketing” is a relatively new term in the online marketing space but should be taken seriously for its powerful abilities to increase your brand awareness. Using influencers in the social media world can lead to a larger audience for your company along with an improved reputation in that space. But before you can take advantage of this marketing tactic, here is a general overview of what influencer marketing is and how they can maximize your SEO.
Influencer marketing is a form of online marketing that focuses on specific individuals rather than a larger, target market. These “influencers” are chosen based on their influence over potential buyers and can be used in a variety of ways. If you are thinking about using influencers as part of your marketing strategy, there are a few ways to find them, including:
- Run a simple search through a search engine like Google using strong keywords for your industry
- Social Listening Software will allow you to flag certain keywords or topics, giving insight into who is mentioning them
- Industry publications or events can give you a list of potential influencers in an industry
Once you have a list of potential influencers, there are a few questions that will help you find the right one. They are:
- How large is your following? Ideally, you want the influencer to have at least thousands, if not tens of thousands of followers to make the level of return worth it.
- How active are you on social media? Ideally, you want the influencer to be constantly engaged with their audience and continually posting.
- What is your target industry? Ideally, the influencer should either be in your industry or if not, the industries should have some sort of shared ground, making it worth building a relationship.
Finally, there are a number of ways influencers can increase your SEO, including:
Every time an influencer shares your content, it is viewed by potentially hundreds of thousands of new people. If they like it, they may also share your content, thus generating unlimited new links. Link building is one of the key components to improving organic search results and an influencers reach can greatly improve this.
When you work with an influencer, there may be opportunities to collaborate on shared content. By doing this, you each can take advantage of the other one’s audience and further build your brand, including increased traffic, inbound links and shares.
Working with an influencer can be a great way to build your online reputation. Just having your company mentioned by a popular influencer can give your brand a boost in the eyes of their followers. The better your reputation, the more likely people are to know your brand and be curious to learn more.
March 30, 2019
September 28, 2018
April 3, 2018